Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm Here

Still alive, still writing. Having some trouble with a current script of mine. I'm about 42 (good) pages in and stuck at the moment.

But fuck it. What's killing me is I've got two solid scripts right now and I don't know what to do with them. I want to send out query letters, but to who? Who do I contact? WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?

I live in constant fear that somebody with connections, somebody established, is going to uncover some dark, fucked-up corner of their mind -- the corner I eat, sleep, shit, and play in -- and produce something similar to what I've written. And then get it optioned or sold. I know I'm giving myself way too much credit here, but I'm completely shut-out from "the biz" at the moment.

I'm waiting for the new Hollywood Representation Directory to come out so I can scoop that up and start shooting out query letters like girls named Tammy shoot out fucked-up looking children.

Anyway.

What's new? Just got a job at Costco so I'm going to be getting some money together while I decompose at my keyboard. I was looking at the movie theater for a minute, but they wanted to pay me $7.50 for a managerial position.

Fuck that.

Besides, I think I'd rather be stocking extra large boxes of extra large maxi pads than pretending not to loathe unibrowed D&D all-stars who burn through a two-liter bottle of Mountain Dew at every meal. Those fucking film-school flunkies who all share the same "unique" vision and pretentious cinematic taste ("Commando just wasn't transcendental enough for me").

I don't know when I start. Soon, I guess. So, other than that shit, nothing's new. I eat Arby's way too much and I occasionally park in a nearby neighborhood to steal wireless internet.

New albums I've been listening to:

The Killers - Sam's Town (disappointing)
Ludacris - Release Therapy (eh)
Lloyd Banks - Rotten Apple (raw shit... then again, I just got it yesterday)

Any recommendations?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol @ rotten apple and luda's new album being anything other than shit... 2 of the worst albums ive ever heard....

but at least your blogs make up for the horrible taste in music you have :(

10:37 PM  
Blogger Ronnie Pudding said...

Four words: Go west, young man.

Don't get me wrong, there are people who get representation from outside the lowest circle of Hell, but it's a lot easier when you're here. No less daunting, just more avenues.

Query letters, if answered at all, generally garner a "thanks but no thanks" form letter. If yours is clever enough to pique the assistant's interest there is that slim chance they'll solicit you for a read. But it has to be REALLY clever. Covered in hobo blood clever.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Enzio Pesta said...

Man, you picked one hell of an occupation.

But don't despair. All you have to do is...Fuck should I know? I'm a failed screenwriter with no hope in hell of ever getting produced.

But you got one up on me, dude. You're American and LA is just a bus ride away. Get a job at a Costco there and go to lots of screenwriting seminars, you know, NETWORK. Before you know it, you'll be represented and will certainly have a fucking better chance at this shit than I ever will up here in polar-bear-turd country.

And listen to what the sage ronnie pudding is telling you.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters