Monday, April 10, 2006

A Nugget

Funny conversation I heard in the Subway line today between two Phi Mu sorority girls. One was already wearing white pants.:

Girl 1: What do you think "disclosure" means?

Girl 2: I dunno.

Girl 1: Like do you think it means to hide something from somebody, like keep it from them, or to give it up?

Girl 2: I dunno.

Girl 1: Well, okay. Listen to this, k?

Girl 2: K.

Girl 1: So I'm in class and I'm doing my speech and I say, "Disclosure of information hurts the truth" and at the the end the teacher's like, "How can disclosure of information blah blah blah?"

Girl 2: Okay...

Girl 1: Anyway, I guess she said disclosure means to like put something out there for somebody and I was all embarrassed because I messed up all bad.

Girl 2: I would've thought what you thought.

Girl 1: I know, right? God. I was so embarrassed.


Note: I think I captured this dialogue quite well. Hurray for me.

Second note: They both then asked for the Sandwich Artist to dump a whole bottle of mayonnaise onto their six-inch chicken salad sandwiches on parmesan oregano bread.

God bless these people for entertaining me.

3 Comments:

Blogger E.A. said...

C'mon. For real. Seriously, this is quite unbelievable, that a person anywhere doesn't comprehend the meaning of a word that can only be described as one that appears on week-end vocab lists for middle-schoolers.

In the business world (where I have spent a sizable amount of my time), disclosure is a word that gets dropped tons of times. If speculative investors don't hear that word get mentioned at least once per meeting, they run away from you and to places where that word gets a workout. If you don't know almost everything there is to know about the organization you're about to bet on, don't put any money in it.

Full disclosure. Nothing beats it!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When running for the student senate I was asked to do a phone interview with the Herald. I got some girl, I don't remember her name, who asked me fairly standard questions. One was: what do you think is the biggest thing that needs to be addressed in the SGA (Student Government Association). My reply was "Apathy toward the student body." She then asked "Oh, how do you hope to show apathy toward the student body?"
My answer was, "What?"
She repeated herself as I was obviously hard of hearing. "I said, how do you hope to show apathy toward the student body?"
My answer again was "What?!" She began to repeat herself once more but I interrupted her. "Do you know what apathy means?"
"Of course I know what apathy means."
"What does apathy mean?" I asked in all innocence.
"Apathy is when you feel the same way about something as someone else does."
"That's empathy! Not apathy! This interview is over." At which point I hung up on the girl.
I had visions of the twice weekly paper printing: 'If elected, John Law hopes to show apathy toward the student body.'
Of course, I could have probably still won the election.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, some people just suck at life.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters